Hey, Hey it's MAY!
With the slight easing of lockdown and some of us being able to leave the house freely whenever we wish, the dilemma may well be 'what to wear'?
If, like us, your preferred outfit during the last seven weeks has been a dressing gown, then you might feel like perking yourself up with a new look.
We have had the odd ‘wear a dress day’ (not our Head Honcho Nick obviously) and even washed our hair occasionally, (again not Nick!) but we feel this lethargy of not dressing to impress should come to end. Everything feels and looks better with a spruce up, and this applies to us humans too! If you look good, you feel good.
Some top tips below:
1. Do wear trousers or shorts when you are on a business zoom call. You never know if you might need the loo, and getting up in your pants may cause undue alarm.
2. Mix it up, go smart with a shirt one day, casual with a T the next.
3. Start a “dress up for dinner” in your household. Bung on those heels you haven’t worn in ages (yes we know ladies that we will definitely only be able to wear them for about 5 minutes after wearing slippers and trainers for 7 weeks but still…) and team with a pretty dress and even some jewellery. For the chaps, perhaps a tie? And a jacket? And definitely some smart trousers…
4. Don’t go to Sainsbury’s in your pyjamas, at least put on a hoodie and shorts. See top tip no 1; again, you don’t want to cause undue alarm in a public space. Especially if they haven’t been washed for a while!
5. Wash your hair, shave your legs, trim that beard, and walk out in the sun feeling good.
And when you are venturing outside for your daily constitutional we would love to see your photos of you wearing JackSpeak attire. Or even a mini video telling us where you are and what you are up to. Clean only please! Our website is full of smart and casual naval heritage clothing for men, women and kids, and we are offering free delivery at the moment so no need to worry about postage charges. Order away and cut a splash wherever you are!
You might even be able to visit us in the shop soon! The government guidelines suggest, all being well, non essential shops may be able to re-open soon. We are currently working on how we will ensure this will be safe for all, so watch this space!
JackSpeak HQ would like to thank all of our wonderful customers for continuing to support us during this difficult time and we sincerely hope that you are all keeping safe and well, and if nothing else, enjoying some quality family time together.
See you soon!